Sunday, October 3, 2010

Response To Rachel's Blog

I really want to discuss and go over Krapp's Last Tape in class to be able to really understand it because honestly I don't think that I grasp it to it's full extent. It is because of this that I have decided to look around my classmate's blogs and see what they think about this interesting play.


I chose Rachel Jovene's post "Tears and Sweat" because I really liked how she focused on a particular element that may not have been that evident at first. She talks about how it is inferred that Krapp goes to drink alcohol when he leaves around the middle of the performance. She then says that this reflects that he is drinking the alcohol in order to forget what is happening (or didn't happen) in his life. She also says that he uses alcohol as "his means of escape."
She then talks about how it is interesting to see how Krapp's physical characteristics support her thesis.

I really liked how she used her almost detective-like skills in order to find out something about the character.


Great post, Rachel!

No comments:

Post a Comment