Sunday, January 16, 2011

YEEAAAAHHHHH BOOOOIIIIIIII



Wow.

So I just read the Are Huck and Jim a minstrel show and honestly I didn't really know much about them so I decided to youtube "minstrel shows" and this came up...



(Hope you weren't too lazy and actually saw the video, whoever you are creeping on my blog....)

So, I'm sort of in shock. The ties between rap industry and minstrel shows are scary!!! It's seriously sort of messed up how white people actually do entertain themselves with the black community. As the video shows, people like Flavor Flav and Glozell are idolized and admired because of their stereotypic performances which bring them fame.

I'd like to know:

What do YOU think about his problem in our society today? Do you think the African American community benefits from this type of admiration by white society (according to the video)? Do you think that America is currently embracing the "black" society or is white society merely mocking the African Americans just like they did back in the day with the minstrel shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment