Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Crazy Little Thing Called Love



So what is this crazy little thing called "love"?
Is it a mere mirage
that disappears and fades
as the moments
pass by

Or is it a second
an instant
a though
a flash?




Ok, so here's whats up: is love only a chemical reaction that stimulates us for an instant? Is love what we are forced to believe in thanks to the over romanticized world we live in?

As I write, I think about all the "love" that I have witnessed in my life in all of its phases (my sister's wedding, my parent's constant bickering, my friend's infatuation with the hottie in the grade above, another friend's parents divorced yet amicable). Are these things all love?

Personally, I think that love is something which is felt only at instants. Love is the ability to tolerate your partner's vices. It's the ability to see the good in all things.

Reading Pride and Prejudice I see many kinds of love (the love that is shared between Darcy and Elizabeth at the end of the novel, the honest love felt by the Bennet's uncle and aunt, the forced and unconvincing love felt between Mr. Bennet and Mrs. Bennet). What are all of their stories? Is all of their love true and genuine?

P.S.
ID LIKE TO INVESTIGATE WHICH MARRIAGES IN THE NOVEL ARE CENTERED ON LOVE AND WHICH ON CONVENIENCE FOR MY ANALYTIC ESSAY. GOOD OR BAD IDEA?

No comments:

Post a Comment