Monday, November 15, 2010

Delicate Diction


Ok so here we were reading about incest, family murders, apocalyptic cannibals, satanic music, prostitutes, and alcohol and suddenly now we begin to read about some poofy-dressed, fancy speaking, english women??? Ok.... so either Mr. Tangen is going through some type of personality crisis or he misspelled the name of the book we were supposed to be reading...

I am really enjoying this novel although the macho misogynist inside of me is telling me not to. I like the fact that in Pride and Prejudice I do not have to dig for any hidden messages. I am simply falling in love with all of the characters and taking their superficial problems and issues and making them mine for the time that I read the book. I love the way that Jane Austen presents all of the characters to us. As readers, we are being spoon fed all of the information and honestly, it is quite lovely. Austen makes it very easy to follow her story and uses very elegant and intricate yet simple language to do so.

For now, I do not have absolutely any criticism. I am enjoying the book and am interested in seeing whether Jane Austen will be able to maintain this effortless grasp on me as an effeminate reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment