Thursday, November 18, 2010

Men Men Menly Manly Men Men Men....



HELP:

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW A MAN SHOULD ACT NOWADAYS?






Should I wear a "thug life" t-shirt and be a straight up gangsta-homie with everyone I meet?

Should I wear a nicely trimmed tailormade three piece suit with a bowler hat and use big fancy words?

Or how about I just wear a nice tie-dye shirt with some rice-picking purple pants with a big-ass peace sign hanging around my neck and give out only peace and love?



Men have always been evolving. I don't understand, but it seems to be that we have gone through hundreds of fashions and mannerisms in the past century! What is the obsession with showing off and trying to always be the "newer" more "modern" man? Why has it gone from talking about "fancy looking madams in quaint carriages" to "get'n me sum bOaTz & hOezz"?

As a male member of society, it's difficult to know what it is exactly I am supposed to do in order to fit in.

Reading Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice honestly makes me sort of sad....

I would absolutely love to be alive during this epoch where it is the norm to be a nicely dressed gentlemanlike person. Nowadays, I would just be called a fag for having the audacity to use words like "piqued" or "panegyric" or even the velvety "acquiesce." Characters like Mr. Darcy, Mr. Bingley, Mr. Collins, and Mr. Bennet all make me extremely jealous because I would be more than happy to live like them without getting shot today.

No, but really... I find it really interesting that people have changed so much and it really makes me wonder where we're all going as a people? How might we look in two centuries?

No comments:

Post a Comment